The first step for female fitness in the UAE is to set and write down your goals.
Goal setting doesn’t need to be confusing when you start. You just need to decide why you are taking the journey towards a fitter and healthier you.
It’s easy to start with a more general goal and then break this down into smaller, more manageable goals over time.
For example, your main fitness goal might be something like:
- I want to lose weight for summer
- I need to work on my general fitness
- I just need to feel healthier
- I want to improve my physical appearance
- I want to learn a new sport
- I need to learn Yoga for relaxation
- I need to work on building my strength
What are the main reasons for settings goals?
Goal setting is such an important part of achieving results. When you write you goals down (or type) you are setting out the roadmap for your fitness journey.
Goal setting helps with the following:
• Reasoning. What are the reasons why you want to change? Do you want to lose weight for health reasons? Is body transformation something you’ve dreamed about for a while but just don’t know how to achieve it? Are you stuck in a rut and just feel like you want to be fit?
• Motivation. Goal setting really helps you get motivated when it comes to exercise and fitness. Seeing the reasons why you want to make a change spurs you on motivationally
• Change. Many people don’t like change but changes for the better (health and fitness wise) are a positive thing. Creating a list of goals makes taking the steps towards change easier and more importantly ‘doable’
• Goals help you see progress. For ladies in the UAE who are beginners when it comes to fitness progress is something you really want to see because this ties in with motivation. If you’re not seeing results your focuses and motivation suffers. For example, if weight loss is your goal and you see the number on the scales go down this really helps to keep you focused.
• Your focus is maintained. When you set a goal it gives you something to work towards during every training sessions. Even if you have several fitness goals (weight loss, learning kickboxing, yoga etc) and different training methods for each of them you know why you are working out and your focus is maintained. Your goal is there to remind you.
Your fitness goals need to be realistic
Let’s be honest. Goal setting isn’t a walk in the park and many women are a little on the ‘optimistic’ side when it comes to setting certain goals. However, this is only down to inexperience.
For example. If you are overweight consider how much time it took to become overweight. It could be that you put on quite a few pounds over a number of years. But, although it doesn’t mean it will take that long to shed the weight with a good exercise and nutrition plan it’s not going to happen overnight either.
The female personal trainers listed on the UAE Personal Trainers website often get asked how long it takes to lose weight. Some clients for example want to lose 40 – 50lbs in six weeks. That’s an example of an unrealistic goal.
It’s much better to look at your main goal as a long term fitness goal. Something that will inevitably take time. But, you’ll start to feel and look healthier during your journey and not just when you reach your goal.
What’s the best way to set a fitness goal for beginners?
Before you rush in, take some time and look at the reasons for your decision to start exercising or training. Reasons will help you set out goals.
Settings goals is the first step. Hiring a personal training in the UAE who is specialised in female fitness can help. Fitness professionals know what exercise types, training intensities, diets and more will work for you.
A professional coach will also help split your goals into more manageable ‘sub goals’
Smaller goals (sub goals) help you split your training and exercise programs into more manageable pieces.