Swimming in the UAE is an incredibly popular form of exercise that has many benefits for individuals of all ages and abilities. One of the most significant benefits of swimming is that it can significantly improve your cardiovascular fitness.
After experiencing the miracle of childbirth, many new mothers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are excited to get back into their pre-pregnancy shape. Losing the extra weight gained during pregnancy can be a daunting task, but rest assured, with the right guidance, you can achieve your fitness goals.
One of the areas that new mothers usually focus on is their belly, due to the natural stretching and expansion of the abdominal muscles during pregnancy. Fortunately, there are plenty of postpartum exercises that are designed specifically to target your belly fat and help you tone up your body.
These exercises are effective, safe, and will support you in achieving your desired weight loss and fitness goals. So if you’re a new mother looking to regain your confidence and fitness, then check out our comprehensive guide on effective postpartum exercises to make your belly fat disappear.
Also known as Kegels, pelvic floor exercises are essential for new mothers. These exercises help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which can weaken during pregnancy and childbirth. Strong pelvic floor muscles can help to reduce belly fat and improve overall core strength.
To perform Kegels, contract your pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to stop the flow of urine. Hold for 10 seconds, then release. Repeat 10-15 times, several times a day.
How beneficial are pelvic floor exercises?
1. Kegel exercises are effective in preventing pelvic floor dysfunction and improving symptoms of urinary incontinence postpartum.
2. Regular practice of Kegel exercises improves pelvic muscle strength and reduces the risk of pelvic organ prolapse in postpartum women.
3. Early initiation of Kegel exercises (within 24 hours of delivery) may improve outcomes including reduced urinary incontinence and better quality of life in
4. Combination of pelvic floor muscle exercise (such as Kegels) and biofeedback therapy further enhances the effectiveness of Kegel exercises in postpartum pelvic floor rehabilitation.
Planks are an effective postpartum exercise to reduce belly fat as they target the entire core, including the abs, back, and hips. To perform a plank, start in a push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart, and your feet hip-width apart. Keep your core tight and hold the position for 30-60 seconds.
However, if you are new to the Plank you should seek the advice and support of a postpartum personal trainer in Abu Dhabi or Dubai to ensure you are exercising safely with correct posture and form.
How beneficial are planks for postpartum women?
1. Plank exercises are an effective way for postpartum women to strengthen their core muscles, which can help improve posture and reduce the risk of injury.
2. By engaging multiple muscle groups at once, planks can also help postpartum women increase their overall body strength and endurance.
3. Planks can easily be modified to match the fitness level of postnatal women, making them a versatile exercise that can be adapted and scaled over time as women progress.
4. Regular plank exercises can improve pelvic floor function in postpartum women, helping to reduce the risk of bladder leaks and other urinary problems.
5. Plank exercises can be performed anywhere, making them a convenient and time-efficient option for busy postnatal women who may struggle to find time to exercise.
Crunches are a classic exercise for toning the abs and reducing belly fat. To perform crunches, lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Place your hands behind your head and lift your upper body towards your knees.
Hold for a few seconds, then lower back down. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
Tips for crunches and postpartum women?
1. Crunches can be an effective exercise for postpartum ladies in strengthening their abdominal muscles, as well as reducing belly fat.
2. However, it is important to start with gentle exercises and progress slowly since the abdominal muscles can be weakened and stretched out during pregnancy.
3. It is recommended to wait at least six weeks after delivery before starting any strenuous exercise.
4. Modified crunches, such as pelvic tilts and heel slides, can be a good stepping stone to gaining strength and safely increasing abdominal work.
5. It is important to listen to your body and stop if you experience any pain or discomfort during exercise. Consult with a doctor or qualified postpartum personal trainer if you have any concerns about your postpartum exercise program.
Cardio exercises are an effective way to burn fat and reduce belly fat. Walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming are all great cardio exercises for new mothers.
Start with 10-15 minutes a day and gradually increase the duration as you become more comfortable.
Which cardio exercises are most beneficial for postpartum women in Abu Dhabi and Dubai?
1. Walking: Walking is a low-impact exercise that can be easily incorporated into a postpartum routine. It helps increase stamina, burns calories, and improves cardiovascular health. Walking with a stroller can also help improve posture and strengthen core muscles.
2. Swimming: Swimming is a great full-body workout that is gentle on the joints. It helps improve cardiovascular health, builds endurance, and can also help alleviate postpartum discomfort. Swimming is also a fun activity to do with your baby.
3. Cycling: Cycling can be done on a stationary bike or outdoors. It helps improve cardiovascular health, tones leg muscles, and increases endurance. Cycling can also help relieve stress and improve mental well-being.
4. Dancing: Dancing is a fun and engaging way to exercise postpartum in the UAE. It helps improve cardiovascular health and endurance, tones muscles, and can be a great way to connect with other moms through group classes. Dancing also promotes mental health and stress reduction.
5. High-intensity interval training (HIIT): HIIT involves short bursts of intense exercise followed by rest periods. It can be an effective way to burn calories, improve cardiovascular health, and increase metabolism. However, postpartum women should consult with a qualified postpartum fitness trainer before starting a HIIT routine and should progress gradually to avoid injury or overexertion.
Pilates is an excellent postpartum exercise that can help to reduce belly fat and improve overall flexibility and strength. Certain Pilates poses are particularly effective for toning the abs and reducing belly fat.
Why is Pilates particularly beneficial for postpartum ladies in the UAE?
1. Pilates training can help postpartum ladies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai regain their core strength, which is essential for proper posture, balance, and movement. This form of exercise targets the deep core muscles that may have been weakened during pregnancy and childbirth, such as the transverse abdominis and pelvic floor muscles.
2. Another benefit of Pilates is that it can improve pelvic alignment and stability, which is crucial for preventing common postpartum conditions like urinary incontinence and lower back pain. Pilates can help strengthen the pelvic muscles and improve their overall function, reducing the risk of these complications.
3. Pilates exercises can be modified to meet the needs of postpartum ladies, making it a safe and effective form of exercise during the recovery period. The low-impact nature of Pilates also reduces the risk of injury and strain on the body, making it a perfect choice for new mums.
4. Pilates training can also help reduce stress and anxiety levels that may be experienced postpartum. The breathing techniques used in Pilates can promote relaxation and improve mental wellbeing, which is essential for new mums who may be struggling with the demands of motherhood.
5. Finally, Pilates can be a fun and enjoyable way for postpartum ladies to get back into exercise. With the right guidance and instruction, Pilates training can help women feel more confident, energized and positive about their postpartum journey.
When it comes to postpartum recovery, exercise can be a game-changer for many mothers in the UAE. Not only can it help reduce postpartum depression, but it can also help reduce belly fat, tone your abs, and strengthen your core. Pelvic floor exercises, for instance, are unique postpartum exercises that can help strengthen the muscles that support your pelvic organs, reduce the risk of incontinence and more.
Beyond pelvic floor exercises, planks and crunches can also be effective postpartum exercises that can help target your abdominal muscles, reduce belly fat, and help you get back in shape. In addition, cardio exercises such as jogging, cycling, swimming, or simply brisk walking can further help you burn calories, boost your metabolism, and aid in weight loss. Finally, Pilates exercises can also be a great way to improve your core strength, posture, and stability, while still being low-impact and gentle on your body.
However, it’s important to remember that each mother’s postpartum recovery is unique. Before starting any exercise routine, it’s a good idea to consult your doctor to ensure that you’re fully healed and ready to safely start exercising. Starting slowly and building gradually over time can also help you slowly increase the intensity of your workouts and reduce the risk of injury. Remember, postpartum exercise is a marathon, not a sprint, and staying consistent over time can lead to meaningful changes in your body and your mental health.
Being a specialist pre and post natal personal trainer in Abu Dhabi is not the only way Chiara can help you.
She is also a expert when it comes to general fitness including weight loss, body toning & slimming, fat loss training and more.
Chiara can work with men and women in Abu Dhabi. Helping them get into shape and working on their individual fitness goals.
Having more than 14 years experience, female fitness expert Chiara is a seasoned professional who has worked with many different clients over the years – in Abu Dhabi and beyond.
Each personal trainer profile page includes a quick contact form. You can contact the coach direct and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Use the filter options on the page below to closely match your training goals with the right coach and even select to show male, female or all personal trainers.
The price for personal training in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and RAK can be found on the personal trainer profile page. Each coach has their own price information and training fees. When you contact a PT they will provide full details about price, discounts and promotions.
All personal trainers listed on the UAE Personal Trainers website will provide a free fitness consultation to get a better understanding of your health and fitness goals.
Freelance personal trainers and fitness companies provide PT at home, your gym, outdoors. Online personal training is also an option for many coaches and their clients.