1. Being patient is key here. Listening to your body and not starving it and also not over feeding it. Learn how it feels to feel content.
2. Portion sizes. It’s helps to slowly teach yourself how much so many grams of food looks like and in time you can calculate how much is enough for you. Using apps like my fitness pal can help educate you how many calories most foods have and this will give you a better understanding of food and its energy.
3. Being consistent. Don’t give up. I tell my clients in Abu Dhabi the time is passing anyway so we may as well keep trying and in the end you will see how much you will change.
4. Having a support network. Letting people around you know of your goals and dreams help you reach them. Having their support will reduce chances of you slipping or giving up because everyone around you will help you get there. You can also achieve this with a group fitness class local to you in Abu Dhabi.
5. Choosing a movement style you love. It’s important you have some level of enjoyment with the exercises you do. This makes it less likely for you to give up and to keep doing it for the long term. And, mix things up from time to time to reduce boredom and plateaus from kicking in and hindering progress.